The deadline for submitting applications is midnight, September 30, 2020. You will receive a confirmation email of receipt of receipt of application. Grants are awarded at the November Annual Meeting. The Grant period will run January 1 through December 31.
The Seed Grant Committee will distribute $5,000 for one to multiple awardees. The Seed Grant Committee will review the applications and present their recommendation to the CCCHS Board of Directors at October Board Meeting. The successful recipient(s) will be contacted by a committee member and the award(s) will be announced at the November Membership Meeting.
All applicants must be individual or organizational members of the Council for Human Services or be sponsored by a Council member. Sponsorship may be obtained by attaching a letter from a Council member, which states the member’s recognition of the applicant’s desire to receive Council seed money. This statement should reflect the member’s knowledge of the applicant’s service programs in order to assist the selection committee in the selection process. Applicant(s) main office may be located outside Centre County however, grant request MUST serve Centre county community.
Requests may come from individual agencies, groups, or as a joint proposal from several agencies/groups—at least one of which must be a Council member. All applicants must be a non-profit organization. Applicants who are not selected may re-apply next year.
Recipients are required to submit a brief, written 6-month report by May 31, 2021, and a final written report by December 31, 2021. Brief updates by grant recipients regarding the status of their program receiving grant monies are required at the June 2021 Membership meeting and at the November 2021 Annual Meeting. Monies must be expended within one year of receipt unless an extension has been granted. Should the recipient need an extension, contact the Seed Grant Committee Chairperson and a recommendation will be made to the Board. Unused funds must be returned to the Centre County Council for Human Services no later than January 31, 2022.
How to Apply
Submit the following:
(Please answer each question completely.)
· Cover Sheet
· Description of the program, activity, or initiative to be funded.
· Description of community need and how this need will be met by the program.
· Estimation of the number of people to be served and proposed impact on the people served.
· A projected time frame for start-up and completion of this program.
· A projected budget for the proposed project (include an explanation regarding why funds are not presently available).
· If the money you are requesting is only a portion of the funds needed for this project, describe how the remaining funds will be obtained.
· Annual organization budget information. You do not need to include an audit.
· Certification of not-for-profit status or tax-exempt number.
· Sponsor letter of support, if applicable (see Eligible Applicants).
Bob Ott Seed Grant Application Timeline
June 28, 2020 Application Open
September 30, 2020 Application due to Seed Grant Committee Chair by 5 p.m.
October 1-18, 2020 Application review by Seed Grant Committee
October 22, 2020 Applications(s) presented to CCCHS Board for approval
November 4, 2020 Seed Grant Awardees announced at the CCCHS Annual Meeting
January 1, 2021 Beginning of Grant period
May 31, 2021 Mid-Year written report due by grantee(s)
June 2, 2021 Update by Grantee(s) at CCCHS monthly membership meeting
November, 2021 Update by Grantee(s) at CCCHS Annual Meeting
December 31, 2021 End of Grant period. Final written report due to Seed Grant Committee Chair
January 31, 2022 Any un-spent grant monies due back to CCCHS
To download the checklist, cover letter and grant application click here